Research Associate II
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
A temp position in the Antibody Engineering department in Research. The candidate will be working as part of a team that focuses on the engineering of bispecific antibodies.
- Perform DNA construct design.
- Coordinate protein expression and purification of antibodies or other recombinantly expressed proteins.
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization of purified antibodies, including antibody binding assays (Biacore, Wasatch), epitope binning, and protein stability assays (DSF).
- BS/BA or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a molecular biology or biochemistry lab environment.
- Biacore (or other SPR experience) a plus.
- Team player with good communication skills, enabling working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks/projects at the same time.
- Able to follow instructions and carry out detail oriented execution of experiments.
- Proficient working with Microsoft PowerPoint.