Research Associate II
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in the South San Francisco area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work in the biophysics group supporting projects using Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR).
- Provide fragment screens, hit validation, SAR, and mechanism of action studies to support early stage research and discovery programs.
- Independently develop, validate, perform, analyze and interpret SPR experiments.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or a related field, preferably.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience using biophysical or biochemical methods for small molecule drug discovery projects.
- Quantitative experience in at least 1 biophysical technique (SPR, NMR, crystallography, etc.) and have a solid background in protein biochemistry and biophysics.
- While the work will be heavily SPR-driven previous experience with that technology is not required as long as the candidate has a significant background in rigorous precision measurement.
- Individuals with strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team are strongly sought.