Research Associate II
791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in the North Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist Scientists in performing experiments.
- Primary responsibilities will include protein purification and associated analytical assays, and to a lesser extent: performing mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, signal transduction assays, immunochemistry, microscopy, image analysis, various microbiology techniques, and general lab duties.
- Protein purification
- Column chromatography with GE Akta systems
- Mammalian cell culture and cell biology
- SDS-PAGE, protein function/stability and enzymatic assays
- Immunochemistry (ELISA, bio-layer interferometry, IHC, etc.)
- Protein conjugation and characterization
- General lab duties, buffer preparation, notebook documentation
Summary of Qualifications:
- Candidate should have a minimum of a B.A./B.S. in a science field (preferably cell biology or biochemistry).
- Must have 4+ years of related industry or academic research experience.
- Proficient in protein purification (familiarity with Akta/UNICORN) and biochemical techniques is critical.
- Experience with virus (AAV) or virus-like particle purification, tissue culture, cell-based assays and/or IHC is beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will have working experience in cell culture, histology, bioassays, and protein purification.
- Various experience with protein analytical techniques such as: spectrophotometry, Bradford, BCA, SDS-PAGE, gel staining, western blotting, ELISA, enzymatic assays, BLI (Octet), SPR (Biacore), DLS, HPLC, thermal shift, among others is highly desirable.
- The candidate will be comfortable with basic chemical principles and calculations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Candidate should also be fastidious with respect to attention to detail and organization.