Research Associate II
300 Bel Marin Keys Boulevard Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in Novato, CA. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work in the Analytical Chemistry group to assist in the advancement of BioMarin' s therapeutics for clinical evaluation and potential commercialization.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing analytical methods and performing the work required for transfer of these methods to assay service groups in Analytical Chemistry and to the Quality Control group.
- Work within Analytical Chemistry' s Vector Biology and Immunochemistry team.
- Possess excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills and be a self-starter willing to work efficiently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Operate fundamental laboratory equipment required for cell and molecular biology.
- Efficiently plan, design, and execute experiments under limited supervision.
- Maintain excellent laboratory notes.
- Communicate research results in oral and written formats.
- Design and execute analytical techniques— qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, fluorescence, colorimetric, chemiluminescence microplate assays, protein-protein interaction methods, protein and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis, western blotting, immunofluorescence and other cell-based detection methods, flow cytometry.
- Execute cell-based assays, viral
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or related discipline
- 2 years of relevant experience or minimal experience with Masters desired.
- Fully proficient in fundamental laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Ability to efficiently plan, design and execute experiments under limited supervision.
- Proven data analysis skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills within cross-functional environment.
- Excellent cell culture skills for bacterial and human cell lines.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques – PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, fluorescence, colorimetric, chemiluminescence microplate assays, protein-protein interaction methods, protein and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis, western blotting, immunofluorescence and other cell-based detection methods, flow cytometry.
- Experience with transformation of bacteria and clone isolation and characterization.
- Experience with RNA, DNA, and protein isolation, purification, and evaluation methods required.
- Experience with viral and cell-based assays desired.
- Experience with automation desired.