Research Associate II
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented individual to join the human genetics research group.
- The successful candidate will utilize the latest technologies to advance our therapeutic research and discovery efforts.
- Tasks will include the use of molecular biology technologies to assess genomic functions in vitro.
- The position requires adaptability, creativity, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals.
- Utilize high throughput molecular biology techniques to construct DNA libraries. Purify plasmid DNA and analyze using Sanger sequencing, Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop and fluorescence-based assays.
- Mammalian tissue culture and DNA/RNA isolation. Analysis of gene expression and function by qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, Western and Flow Cytometry. Analysis of DNA by library preparation and next generation sequencing.
- Utilize data management software such as Excel, Prism, Geneious/SnapGene and computational analysis of genomic data using R, Perl or Python.
- Organizational and communication skills, time management, dependability and the ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Research Associate I: Bachelors degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience - OR - a Masters' degree with minimal work experience
- Research Associate II: Bachelors degree and at least 4 years of experience - OR - a Masters degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- A working knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as PCR, electrophoresis, qRT-PCR, ELISA, DNA and protein purification as well as molecular cloning is preferred.