Research Associate II/III or Senior Research Associate
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate II/III or Senior Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
RA II/III or Sr.RA
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated researcher to mainly develop a high-throughput process to investigate the transgene-expression cassette integration site and sequence fidelity using modern molecular biology techniques, including long-range PCR, restriction enzyme digestion, and sequencing of digested PCR fragments.
- The candidate will also be involved in developing stable CHO cell lines for clinical and commercial manufacturing using targeted integration with recombinase-mediated cassette exchange (RMCE) and in different technology development projects including viral and non-viral expression vector development and optimization.
- The selected individual is expected to work independently with minimal supervising by designing, executing and scheduling different experiments in parallel.
- This position has a potential to become permanent if the candidate is qualified.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The candidate will possess an educational background in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline with a B.S. or M.S or Ph.D.
- Preferably 3+ years of industry and/or academic hands-on lab experience.
- The ideal candidate will possess good expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry including DNA manipulation and analysis via PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, gene copy number analysis, and cell culture.
- The candidate must be sufficient in communication and presentation skills and is able to convey complex ideas and data both verbally and written.
- Expectations for this position include a strong work ethic with an emphasis on accurate, high quality work.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.
- Bioinformatics and data science skill is also highly desirable.