Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The lab is technologically oriented and primarily focused on drug development.
- We specifically focused on therapeutic projects in Alzheimer' s disease, Parkinson' s diseases and mechanisms of crossing the blood-brain barrier.
- We are currently also working to publish a few papers, so the contractor will have an opportunity to be a contributing author on the paper depending on the quality of the work.
- This contract position will offer a glimpse into how a basic research idea is developed into an actual product.
- The contractor will have opportunity to learn how to support early and late-stage research and development projects by participating project team meetings.
- Support early and late-stage therapeutic research and development projects by learning and conducting laboratory skills required for the project progression.
- The contractor will attend project meeting to present assay results. There is also opportunity to manage outside contract work related to pipeline project.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS degree in molecular biology, or neuroscience, or cell biology, or biology
- Some skills may include: High throughput ELISA using automation, Rodent and/or human iPSC neuronal cultures, Cell-based assay using neurons, Immunostaining, High content imaging for screening, High throughput western blot
- Previous experience in mammalian cell culture, iPSC or neuronal culture is a plus.
- Strong interest in drug development
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Strong motivation to learn.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions/protocols.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, and flexibility
- Must be a highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.