Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lab equipment: Coordinate with LES and instrument vendors for installation and maintenance, establish and maintain equipment inventory, arrange for recycling and/or retirement, Perform basic troubleshooting of key lab equipment (e.g. plate washers)
- Lab consumables: Monitor stocks (e.g. assay plates, reservoirs, pipet tips), place orders, partner with client Supply to adjust client Supply items/quantities as needs change
- Lab automation: Become familiar with lab automation, update automation user guides (quick-start and troubleshooting guides) to reflect the current use of the equipment, conduct periodic QC on liquid handling systems, conduct small projects to optimize equipment setups
- Lab space usage: Assist with freezer cleanouts, establish freezer inventory (location, emergency contacts, content owners), Arrange for equipment relocation
- Department Client Site: Update information
Summary of Qualifications:
- AA or BA with 1-3 years’ experience in lab automation
- Top 3 skills: Automation, Liquid Handling, Excellent communication and writing skills and fast learner
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to learn, operate, and troubleshoot lab instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Needs to be okay with routine lab admin work.
- Lab automation and some liquid handling experience.