Research Associate I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities for this position would focus on animal studies including monitoring, dosing, and animal necropsy and organ collection.
- The individual will be expected to work with infectious and/or bio-hazardous reagents and material.
- The individual is also going to be involved with general lab managerial duties such as stocking and ordering supplies, maintaining lab cleanliness, autoclaving supplies, and appropriately disposing of biohazardous and chemical waste.
- Limited administrative functions such as attending select meetings, equipment and supply inventory, preparation of work schedules, etc are expected.
- Covering duties during weekends and off hours on weekdays is required.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS/MS or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in handling animal with excellent in vivo dosing techniques, such as i.v., i.p., s.c., i.n., p.o., and animal organ collection and dissection techniques.
- Experience working with bacterial and/or viral infection models is a plus.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, etc., for extended periods of time, and must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, adhering to health and safety guidelines