Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will develop and implement cellular and biochemical assays for protein quantification and characterization using automation and liquid handling systems.
- The individual will analyze data and report results using commercially available and customized software in multiple assay methodologies.
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who possesses excellent analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to keep detailed and accurate records, and the capacity and desire to learn new methodologies.
- This individual should be team oriented, dependable, self-starter and ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
Summary of Qualification:
- B.S. degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in either academic institutes or biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- Should have prior lab experience and familiarity with cellular and biochemical assays with automation.
- Assay development experience is preferred.
- Competent in using various data analysis and reporting software such as Microsoft Excel, Prism, and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Expected to incorporate automation in his/her daily work, develop new applications, and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as a collaborative environment is preferred.