Research Associate I
500 Forbes Blvd., SSF56 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Searching for a Biochemist for Small Molecule, Protein (antibodies, etc), and ASO (antisesnse oligonucleotide) Drug Product Analysis to support our Pharmaceutical Technical Development group in South San Francisco, CA.
- Fundamental knowledge of proteins (peptide, antibodies, etc) and ASOs (specific experience with ASO is a plus)
- Data analysis (ex. graph/table/report designing) experience with Microsoft Office, JMP, and/or Minitab.
- Record keeping with ELN or similar programs
- General wet lab skills (chemical/bio molecule handling, solution making, pipetting, executing SOPs for assays, record keeping for assays performed)
- Perform analysis of samples with a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays including HPLC (SEC, IEC, RP), osmolality, capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS), UV-Vis Spectrometry (Bradford Protein Assay, binding activity analysis by Plasmon Resonance are pluses)
- Prepare data for presentations, assist in generating technical protocols/reports, and interact with other groups within the department to share data
- Perform independent reviews and peer review of analytical data
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems as needed
- Initiate and perform investigations and development under direction
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s or Master’ s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration, with 1-2 years of industrial experience or 1-2 years of academic research experience
- Basic understanding of proteins and antibodies (professional or academic experience)
- Basic Google applications (gDoc, gCal, gMail, gChat, etc)
- Fundamental knowledge of protein biochemistry and chemistry
- Strong organizational, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented, dependable, and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and with a positive attitude
- Ability to conduct analytical characterization and design-of-experiment studies, as well as assay qualification studies
- Basic to advanced analytical knowledge in characterizing proteins and ASOs with some or all of the biochemical/biophysical assays
- An eagerness to learn new lab techniques at a fast pace
- Ability to multitask in the lab while paying attention to detail and keeping accurate records
- Ability to follow SOPs meticulously and comply with company policies
- Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
- Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.