Research Associate I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A temp position in the department of biochemical and cellular pharmacology.
- The successful candidate will be participating in biologics drug discovery projects in the disease therapeutic areas of Immunogy, cancer immunolgy and neuroscience.
- More specifically, the individual will design/develop, perform and manage experiment on cell lines, primary human/mice cell cultures or tissues to support pipeline projects.
- He/She should be able to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential solutions.
- He/She will interpret data, present results and draw conclusions from experiments.
- In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate automation into his/her workflow and harness novel technologies in assay development.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master Degree and biochemistry and molecular biology background are requirements.
- Experience of studying with immune cells and immune cell signaling is a plus
- Proven experience in the use of molecular and biochemical techniques to evaluate signaling networks (e.g. western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, qPCR, siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR).
- Experience with cell culture and techniques such as isolation and culturing of primary cells, FACS, and cell-based assays (reporter and cell death assays etc.). Prior experience working with myeloid cells is plus.
- Experience in using basis data analysis software (Excel, Graphpad Prism, Flowjo etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Clear oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary project team environment.