Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a highly motivated Scientific Researcher / Senior Scientific Researcher (one-year contract) to join the Effector Function and Cell Biology group in the BAS- Assay Development and Technology (ADT) Department.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, optimizing, validating and executing biochemical and cellular assays to support research and development projects with a focus on cell biology techniques and immunoassays to evaluate cellular transport of drug candidates, including transcytosis and recycling.
- This individual will work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy to design and run experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot technical problems, investigate and assess new technologies, write and review technical reports, and present and interpret data at cross-functional project team meetings.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field is required, with a minimum of 3 year hands-on laboratory experience in cell culture, flow cytometry, and immunoassays (e.g. ELISA).
- Familiarity with development and validation of cell-based assays is required.
- Previous experience with mass spectrometry, pharmacokinetics modeling, or biomolecular interaction techniques such as Octet or Biacore is a plus.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of standard laboratory procedures and computerized data handling are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, multitasking and organizational skills are required.
- This individual should be able to work independently, as well as within teams, to demonstrate initiative and creativity and to prioritize tasks.