Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek a highly motivated and organized Scientific Researcher to provide temporary support for cell culture work in the Neuroscience Department.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and maintaining primary neuronal, microglia and oligodendrocyte cultures, as well as human iPSC and directly differentiated neuronal cultures.
- Other duties may include a wide variety of molecular and cellular techniques including, but not limited to, viral infection, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry and fluorescent imaging.
- This is a hands-on laboratory position with abundant opportunity for developing bench-side research skills and interacting with other researchers in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry) with at least 2 years lab experience.
- Applicants should have a B.S. / B.A. in Molecular Biology / Cell Biology / Biochemistry or associated fields with at least two years of research experience.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience with establishing and maintaining primary cells and maintaining cell lines, as well as some experience with a range of molecular and cellular biology techniques such as immunocytochemistry and fluorescence imaging.
- Most importantly, the candidate should be meticulously organized, with outstanding communication and time management skills, a proactive attitude and a passion for high-quality, translational science.