Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting ELISA, electrophoretic, mass spectrometric characterization of antibody and protein therapeutics. More specifically, the individual will focus on developing, validating and executing various assays to evaluate antibody therapeutics from both in vitro and in vivo studies to support lead-finding/optimization efforts in the context of multidisciplinary project teams.
- The individual will be expected to assist in the implementation of robust and high throughput sample preparation as well as data analysis workflows for mass spectrometric assays.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to conduct detailed data analyses and will present these data to project teams. In addition, the candidate will have an opportunity to develop novel cutting-edge technologies for pharmacological assays.
- The candidate will also be expected to coordinate with CRO and handle shipments.
- The candidate will function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with protein science, chemistry, in vitro and in vivo groups to advance lead molecules of the projects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The qualified individual will possess a B.S. or M.S. in analytical biochemistry with 0-2 years of lab experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of electrophoresis, ELISA, mass spectrometric characterization of intact proteins and peptides, while not required, is a plus.
- Experience with affinity capture, while not required, is a plus.
- Experience with commonly used mass spectrometers and both qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods and software is also not required, but a plus.
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation, while not required, would be advantageous, as would familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities of antibody lead profiling.
- The position requires good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team. It also requires excellent time management and organizational skills.