Research Associate I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The department of Translational Oncology within Research and Early Development is seeking a highly motivated Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher to conduct preclinical translational research.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for collection, processing and analysis of murine tissues to support model characterization and/or in vivo pharmacodynamic studies.
- Significant experience with tumor processing, cell counting, staining, and running large flow cytometry studies (minimum of six color assays) is required.
- The candidate is required to have experience in acquisition of data using DIVA software on BD cytometers and analysis using FlowJo.
- Experience with cell culture, and murine handling and tissue collection is preferred.
- The applicant will provide support for a variety of oncology projects and close collaboration with multiple teams is required and the ideal candidate will enjoy working with others.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A B.S. or M.S. in Cell Biology, Immunology, or a related field is required
- At least 2+ years’ experience in single cell quantification and characterization of ex-vivo tissues by flow cytometry.
- Required to be proficient in flow cytometry.
- Must have experience with tissue culture and tissue processing.
- Experience with animal handling is required
- Molecular biology experience is a must
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills are a must.