Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Exceptional career development opportunity at top San Francisco Bay Area pharma/biotech company. We are seeking a Veterinary Technician to carry out standard Vet Tech duties.
- With limited supervision, the successful candidate will function as part of the Veterinary Team that is responsible for maintaining and implementing quality assurance programs to provide animal health and care according to established procedures within the Animal Resources department.
- Includes providing clinical veterinary care of laboratory animals, health monitoring and diagnostics, and training of scientists and staff.
- In addition, the individual will provide research support, including anesthesia, surgical and post-surgical care, necropsy, sterilization of equipment, ordering and maintaining veterinary supplies.
- The individual will also conduct post-approval monitoring of research activities and ensure compliance with standard laboratory animal care and use regulations.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician (RVT, LVT, CVT), BS or BA degree in Animal Science or other related programs.
- AALAS Certification, at minimum Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT); LATG preferred.
- Experience in aseptic technique, anesthesia, and post-operative care.
- Familiar with clinical case management in a research or veterinary hospital setting.
- Fully proficient in mouse, rat, guinea pig and rabbit biomethodology, including handling, restraint, and dosing.
- Experience in training/teaching individuals (technicians, investigators) in various lab animal techniques, monitor their progress and conduct reassessments as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have proven ability to successfully work
- independently and in a team. Must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be detail-oriented.
- Experience with computers and data management systems.
- This position may include activities that might pose potential risks, such as working with and around
- biological agents, chemical carcinogens, human tumor lines, radioisotopes, and other potentially
- hazardous materials.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) or other special equipment to perform job duties.
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Available to conduct other duties, as instructed by the Veterinary Staff.