Research Associate I
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF13 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A position in the analytical research department.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development and utilization of analytical methods for the characterization of synthetic small molecule therapeutics.
- Operate and maintain multiple instruments including HPLC, LCMS and UV for compound identification and purity determination.
- Additionally, the candidate will operate liquid handling robots for high throughput sample preparation.
- Experiences with solubility assays, stability assays, LogD determination, high throughput small molecule analysis would be helpful.
- This candidate must be flexible to handle urgent analytical request and to perform multiple laboratory duties.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in chemistry or related field
- At least 6 months lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Excellent skills in analytical instrumentation and lab equipment, such as HPLC, nMS, LCMS, LCMSMS.
- Hands on experience in operating instrument and software, such as ChemStation, Analyst, MassLynx, Tiamo, Chromeleon, and MS office.
- Excellent skills in high throughput quantitative analysis.
- Experiences in instrument maintenance and instrument troubleshooting.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Clinical lab experience and GLP/GCP knowledge a plus.
- Experience with immunoassays preferred.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required. With ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Ability to be organization, show flexibility and an eagerness to learn.