Research Associate I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position in the Cell Culture department will focus on the development and characterization of cell culture processes for the production of recombinant proteins in CHO cells.
- Responsibilities will include designing and executing lab-scale experiments, coordinating experiments with the pilot plant, accurately analyzing and documenting data, and summarizing results in technical documents.
- This position will require laboratory bench work and effective internal and external departmental collaborations to achieve the desired results.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in chemical/biochemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
- Able to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- Experience with CHO cell culture process development, statistics, and design of experiments is highly desirable.
- Occasional weekend work may also be required.