Research Associate I
1 DNA Way, SSF01 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Contribute to drug discovery projects by performing cell culture, DNA manipulation, assay development, screening and compound characterization
- Maintain timely documentation of laboratory work
- Analyze data, prepare reports and make presentations to the team
- Adhere to EH&S standards, good laboratory practice and company policy
- Perform other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or MS in molecular biology, cell biology, neuroscience, biophysics or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and development of stable cell lines
- Expertise and familiarity in some of the following areas: DNA manipulation, cell-based assays, high throughput screen, and handling automation instruments
- Familiarity with ion channel biophysics is a strong plus