475 E Grand Ave., SSF42
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16061
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We seek a self-motivated and highly productive individual to join the Biomolecular Resources Group within Protein Sciences.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting various efforts of the optimization of protein expression, small scale purification, and characterization of proteins (SDS-PAGE, affinity purification, Western analysis) produced using E. coli, baculovirus, and mammalian transient systems.
- Must have experience in a HT academic or industry environment.
- Experience in producing and characterizing protein targets with demonstration of technical proficiency is highly desired.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors, or higher, degree in Biology/Biochemistry/Chemistry or a related scientific discipline
- 3 or more years’ work/research experience in an academic or industry laboratory setting with a background in protein expression, purification and characterization
- Demonstrated proficiency of basic laboratory techniques, including but not limited to SDS-PAGE, affinity purification, protein quantitation, Western blotting, cell culture and transfection
- Detail oriented and comfortable in dealing with large data/sample sets and distilling data to important point
- Hands on experience with liquid handling systems, specifically Hamilton and Biomek
- Experience with high throughput expression of proteins in baculovirus systems
- Highly motivated, have strong analytical, and communication skills
- Work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting
- Excellent organizational, time management and record keeping skills with a strong emphasis on data analysis including database and ELN entry