Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We have an opening for a temporary position in Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology.
- This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of the
- development of a novel cell-based screening platform for early stage small molecule lead discovery.
- The candidate will be expected to develop and validate a robust cellular assay to support high throughput screening for small molecule drug leads.
- The candidate will be involved in the development of a triage strategy to prioritize molecules of interest from the initial screening hits, and will be responsible for recommending top leads to the team based on this data.
- The candidate will likely also be expected to design experiments to understand the mechanism of action of tool compounds and lead compounds of interest.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate results clearly in both written and oral form, and will need to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of scientists contributing to the team.
Summary of Qualifications
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree in any field related to cell biology.
- Preferably 2+ years wet lab experience in cancer biology or a related field in either an academic or industry setting.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can critically analyze and interpret data relevant to the effect of small molecules on cell biology, and effectively communicate that knowledge with other team members.
- Experience with cellular assays and tissue culture is a must. We would prefer experience with luciferase detection, BRET, fluorescent microscopy and high throughput assay development.
- We expect the candidate to have a basic understanding of cancer biology and small molecule pharmacology.
- An ability to analyze large data sets using informatics software would also be desired.