Research Associate I
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF14 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A temp position in the early stage cell culture department in Process Sciences.
- The candidate will be working as a part of a team that focuses on mammalian cell protein expression and product cell line development.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development and utilization of analytical methods for the characterization of synthetic small molecule therapeutics.
- Operate and maintain multiple instruments including HPLC, LC/MS for compound identification and purity determination, Tecan robot for high throughput sample preparation, LCMSMS for high throughput quantitative analysis, GCMS for compound characterization, PLM for form characterization, and counter ion determination would be needed.
- Also, experiences with solubility assays, stability assays, LogD determination, high throughput analysis and CLND analysis would be helpful.
- This candidate must be high flexible to handle urgent analytical request and to perform multiple laboratory duties.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree in chemistry or biochemistry
- Preferably 3+ years’ experience in analytical chemistry in pharmaceutical industry
- At least 6 months lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Strong knowledge with organic chemistry and physiochemical property determination of small molecules.
- Experience with immunoassays preferred. Clinical lab experience and GLP/GCP knowledge a plus.
- Excellent skills in analytical instrumentation and lab equipment, such as HPLC, MS, LCMS, LCMSMS.
- Hands on experience in operating instrument and software, such as ChemStation, Analyst, MassLynx, Tiamo, Chromeleon, and MS office.
- Excellent skills in high throughput quantitative analysis
- Experiences in instrument maintenance and instrument troubleshooting.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self-starter. Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.