Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support biochemical and cellular characterization of protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology.
- Develop, validate and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize and screen biologic therapeutics in vitro and ex vivo, to support lead-finding/optimization efforts.
- Responsibilities include developing and implementing pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic assays and quantitating biomarkers.
- Function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with Cancer Immunology, Antibody Engineering, Protein Chemistry, and Translational Oncology groups to advance lead molecules of the projects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field with relevant immunology/immuno-oncology and/or cell biology experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize protein therapeutics
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, ELISA assays, and culture of mammalian cell lines
- Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also collaborate with project teams
- Record of publications that demonstrates expertise
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, and organizational skills
- A strong foundation in immunology and hands-on expertise in immune cell assays to interrogate the function and activity of antibody and protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology, desired.
- Experience with T cell dependent bispecific antibodies, desired.
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and culture, desired.
- Experience with microscopy and/or high content image analysis, desired.
- Experience with Luminex assays, desired.
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation, desired.
- Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities of antibody lead profiling, desired.