Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be participating in biologics drug discovery projects in the disease therapeutic areas of Immunogy, cancer immunolgy and neuroscience. More specifically, the individual will develop, validate and execute medium and high-throughput biochemical and cell-based functional assays to identify and characterize candidate molecules.
- The individual will be expected to conduct in vitro assays to interrogate drug candidate with respect to its in vitro potency/efficacy, MOA, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics properties and immunogenicity.
- In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate automation into his/her workflow and harness novel technologies in assay development.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have a BS/MS degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology with hands-on experience in academic or biopharmaceutical lab setting.
- Basic understanding and experience in mammalian tissue culture, gene expression analysis and flow cytometry analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Clear oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary project team environment.