Research Associate I
99 DNA Way, SSF10 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A 6-month temp position is available in the Department of Early Discovery Biochemistry at our client’ s site.
- The candidate will be working as a part of a drug discovery research team that focuses on studying protein - protein interactions and discovering ligands to disrupt them.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the discovery and identification of novel peptide ligands that could be used as pharmacological tools to modulate protein targets relevant to human disease.
- Experience with directed evolution (phage display) and molecular biology is required. Also experience with next-generation sequencing methods and biochemical assays such as ELISA is desired.
- This candidate must be highly flexible to handle multiple laboratory projects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The candidate must have BS/MS or PhD degree in biochemistry or chemistry.
- Preferably 2+ years’ experience in a research laboratory.
- Good knowledge with molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Graduate students currently pursuing their graduate degree are also welcome to apply, if they have approval by their school / advisor to pursue this exciting opportunity.
- Experience with phage display or other display technology, molecular biology and biochemical assays required.
- At least 2 years lab experience, in a research-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.