Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Human Tissue Lab (HTL) in the Research Pathology Department manages the procurement, accessioning, storage and distribution of human tissue samples from commercial vendors and academic collaborators.
- These samples are a valuable internal resource for investigators supporting all research and early drug discovery efforts.
- Job duties:
- Procuring human tissue samples (e.g., Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded blocks, Fresh Frozen Tissue) from commercial vendors.
- Creation and management of non-clinical study data.
- Receiving and storing samples under appropriate conditions.
- Cleaning of eManifest with tissue sample data.
- Accessioning tissue sample data into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) following established processes and guidelines.
- Labeling FFPE blocks.
- Labeling stained and unstained slides.
- Filing H&E slides.
- Managing requests from internal stakeholders, including the fulfillment of routine requests from Pathology Core labs.
- Shipping samples for external processing.
- Assist other lab members with various tasks such as maintaining freezers and performing daily safety inspections.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.A./B.S. in biological sciences, 1+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and detail.
- Strong internal customer focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior database experience.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. working in MS Excel).
- Histology, biobanking or other pathology experience is a plus.