Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This is for a contractor position as part of the Pathology Group in Safety Assessment.
- Recording scientific observations during gross examinations
- Excising tissue samples including microdissection
- Collecting fluids for analysis
- Performing perfusion techniques
- Freezing tissues
- Gross photography
- Quality control of work and entering data in the department database
- lab setup
- LIMS data entry
- Pre-clinical sample handling and shipping preparation
- BS degree in animal sciences or similar field with a minimum of 1-2 years recent experience performing the procedures described above is required.
- AALAS certification is desired.
- Proven technical skills, strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to lift at least 15 lbs.
- Work hours are commensurate with business needs.