Research Associate I
470 E Grand Ave., SSF41 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are looking for an experienced candidate to join the Protein Expression Analysis group within the Biomolecular Resources Department.
- He/she will produce protein reagents required to explore functional properties of proteins of therapeutic interest in support of small and large molecule drug discovery.
- He/she will support protein reagent development for HTS, structural studies using NMR, crystallography, EM and basic research in a core facility setting.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for various aspects of the optimization of protein expression, small scale purification and characterization of proteins (affinity purification, SDS-PAGE, cell culture) produced using E. coli, baculovirus, and mammalian transient systems. Interest in implementing technology and process improvements in these areas is required. Ideal fits will have experience in a HT industry environment using automated liquid handling systems.
- Bachelors, or higher, degree in Biology/Biochemistry/Chemistry or a related scientific discipline
- 1 or more years’ work/research experience in an industry laboratory setting ideally with a background in protein expression, purification and characterization.
- Hands on experience with liquid handling systems, specifically Hamilton and Biomek.
- Experience with high throughput expression of proteins in E coli and baculovirus systems a plus.
- Detail oriented and comfortable in dealing with large data sets and distilling data to important points.
- Demonstrated proficiency of basic laboratory techniques, including but not limited to affinity purification, protein quantitation, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, cell culture and transfection.
- Highly motivated, have strong analytical, and communication skills.
- Work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting.
- Excellent organizational, time management and record keeping skills with a strong emphasis on data analysis including database and ELN entry.