Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- A position is available in the Department of Early Discovery Biochemistry in Genentech Research.
- Help to implement and develop a novel technology focused on discovering peptide-based macrocycles for targets of interest.
- Work with protein purification, PCR/qPCR methods, peptide display experiments and analyzing next generation sequencing data.
- Designing, implementing and analyzing in vitro biochemical biophysical protein and peptide assays.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Candidate must have at least a BS/MS or PhD degree in biochemistry or molecular biology or related discipline with three or more years of technical experience in protein biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Expertise in molecule biology methods and protein biochemistry/assays.
- Experience in display technologies (phage, yeast, mRNA, ribosome) and/or binding/biophysical assays (ELISA, SPR, ITC, or BLI).
- Must have extensive experience working in a research environment.