Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Apply various mass spectrometric techniques in support of early basic research and drug discovery.
- Identify and characterize proteins, post translational modifications, and protein interactions.
- Basic knowledge on operation and maintenance of multiple instruments including HPLC, mass spectrometers, and data analysis of proteomics data is preferred.
- Development and implementation of automation of various proteomics workflow.
- BS/MS degree in chemistry or biochemistry
- Proficient in a variety of mass spectrometric methodologies
- Hands-on experience with immuno-affinity and various wet-lab techniques, and have strong informatic skills
- Strong instrumentation troubleshooting skills and experience working with various analytical automation platforms is a plus
- Must be a team player with strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and willing and eager to learn new technologies