Research Associate I
645 E Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in the South San Francisco area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects.
- Performing cell cultivation to identify suitable lots of primary human hepatocytes for regularly-performed cytotoxicity assays, and establishing 3-demensional spheroids for supporting our drug discovery programs.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- Responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
- Act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors (BS/BA) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, biology, bioengineering, chemistry, physiology, or related discipline is required; Masters (MS) degree is desirable, but not required.
- Technical Experience Requirements:
- 2-3+ years of experience with hypothesis-driven research and conduct of experiments to address is required.
- Ability to independently design and conduct research to address such questions is required.
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and present all data in a presentation is required.
- Must be able to present data and associated materials to project teams or at other forums
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and next-generation sequencing is highly desired
- Working independently or under the direct supervision of a Scientist to perform or support non-GLP laboratory experiments, including model development, routine toxicity screening, and mechanism of toxicity, with minimal direct supervision.
- Performing applicable techniques (primary cell culture, flow cytometry, gene expression analysis, cell viability, high content screening, etc.) as required.
- Maintaining documentation related to protocol execution.
- Writing pre-clinical protocols and contributing to final reports as appropriate.
- Adhering to departmental SOPs to ensure study integrity and quality.
- A high level of independent work specifically with regards to method and model development.
- The ability to independently perform all methods and conduct all study types commonly employed by the team.
- Presenting data at project team, department, and outside meetings as appropriate.