Research Associate I
640 E Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in the South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support ongoing projects in Human Tissue Lab.
- Cataloging and storing specimens under appropriate archival conditions.
- Labeling formalin fixed paraffin embedded specimens.
- Labeling stained and unstained slides.
- Filing H&E slides.
- Help with labeling/assigning specimens in a portion of the collection to new database system.
- Returning/shipping specimens to clinical or research sites as appropriate.
- Assist other lab members with tasks to maintain lab schedule, lab equipment and specimen inventory.
- Accessioning of human tissue research specimens (FFPE blocks, flash frozen tissues, and histologic slides) into the laboratory information management system (LIMs), following established laboratory processes and data entry guidelines.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.A./B.S. in biological sciences, 1+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or histology lab setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and detail.
- Strong internal customer focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Word and MS Excel skills).
- Prior database strongly preferred.
- Histology experience is a plus.