Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the identification and mechanistic dissection of factors associated with human malignancies.
- Contribute to drug discovery and clinical translation within the areas of inflammation, immunotherapy and molecular oncology.
- Will work on novel strategies for immune cell activation in the context of cancer immunology.
- Duties include mammalian cell culture, primary cell culture and cell-based assays.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’ s Degree in a biology-related field (Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Immunology preferred) with 1+ years of laboratory research experience or PhD in biomedical field with 0-5 years’ experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- At least 6 months lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Desired technical skills include mammalian cell-culture, primary cell handling, cell-based assays, molecular cloning, stable cell line generation and flow cytometry.
- Experience with immunoassays preferred.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be a highly motivated team player, works well with others and good communication skills.