Research Associate I
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF14 South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities for this position would focus on weighing of reagents for group members to conduct parallel synthesis.
- Sourcing, ordering and inventory maintenance lead of reagent store specifically for parallel synthesis.
- Synthesis, analysis and purification of parallel arrays for advancing target projects.
- Requirements BS or MS in Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in synthetic chemistry.
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry, parallel synthesis, compound purification (including flash chromatography and reverse phase HPLC purification) and structural characterization is preferred.
- Skills Precise record keeping, attentiveness to detail, organizational skills and familiarity with computer/database skills (including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Chemdraw).
- Excellent skills in communication, flexibility, work drive and an eagerness to learn.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, adhering to health and safety guidelines.