Research Associate I
475 E Grand Ave South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. Imagine yourself collaborating with an organization focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with severe or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions is one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four-plus years and over 95% repeat business.
Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success!
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop and implement biochemical and immunoassays for protein quantification and characterization using automation and liquid handling systems.
- Analyze data and report results using commercially available and customized software in multiple assay methodologies.
- Transfer developed assays to the CRO and ensuring the results are comparable to in house generated data.
- Shipping samples to the CRO by obtaining the necessary paper work and preparing the samples for shipping.
- Incorporate automation in his/her daily work, develop new applications, and have strong organizational skills.
- B.S. degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in either academic institutes or biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- This individual should have prior lab experience and familiarity with immunoassays and automation.
- Assay development experience is required.
- Competent in using various data analysis and reporting software such as Microsoft Excel, Prism, and PowerPoint is preferred.
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who possesses excellent analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to keep detailed and accurate records, and the capacity and desire to learn new methodologies.
- This individual should be team oriented, dependable, self-starter and have the ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- In addition, the individual must be able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Ability to work both independently as well as a collaborative environment is preferred.