791 Lincoln Avenue
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15498
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The research associate will partner closely with a team of scientists from translation biology to provide technical assistance and support.
- He/She will primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction, and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Receive and manage samples.
- Extract protein, DNA and RNA from cells and tissues samples Perform assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, PCR and western blot.
- Maintain and expand cell culture Record and notebook-keeping.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 2+ Years’ Experience
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or Genetics.
- Experience with handling animal tissues Experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, PCR, westerns, and/or cell culture is preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.