Research Associate I
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The research associate will partner closely with a team of scientists from translation biology to provide technical assistance and support.
- He/She will primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Sample receiving and management.
- Prepare protein lysates and DNA/RNA from cells and tissues samples.
- Perform assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, PCR and western blot
- Maintain and expand cell culture Record data and notebook keeping
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics with at least 2-5 years of experience.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, PCR, westerns, and/or cell culture will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Experience with handling animal tissues.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures.