Research Associate I
300 Bel Marin Keys Boulevard Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execution of relevant experiments to support sample testing and development of analytical assays for biologics in development.
- Development of analytical methods using size exclusion, ion exchange, and reverse phase chromatograms, and capillary electrophoresis.
- Provide concise and quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results.
- Ensure laboratory equipment have current calibration and preventative maintenance documentations.
- Report progress to the manager on a regular basis on each program.
- Write up methods, qualification reports, results & share with collaborators and supervisor; present data proactively and regularly in group meetings; communicate plans and results to collaborators and manager iteratively.
- Catalogue data/reports electronically in an accessible manner for inspections.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, or chemistry and at least 2 years of relevant experience, or minimal experience with Masters.
- Good understanding of protein chemistry, structure, and function.
- Knowledge in standard protein analysis methods (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP-HPLC, and CE).
- Hand-on experience in protein biochemistry (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, Immunoprecipitation).
- Collaborative skills to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills.
- Proven data analysis, interpretation and scientific communication skills.
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Experienced in the area of mass spectrometry including LC-MS, GC-MS, and MALDI-TOF MS.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus.
- Experience with Agilent 6495 triple quadrupole and 6550 qTOF LC-MS systems, Agilent Bravo AssayMap and TECAN liquid handling systems, Waters and Agilent HPLC systems, and Beckman CESI 8000 Plus and PA800 capillary electrophoresis system.