Research Associate I
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate I, to be part of our client’ s team in Novato area. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execution of relevant experiments to support sample testing and development of analytical assays for biologics in development
- Aliquot, distribute and track samples for testing by various groups (including analytical chemistry and QC).
- Methods typically include biochemical (size, charge, reverse-phase, etc), as well as binding, activity, and internalization assays.
- Plan and execute experimental studies in an efficient manner to meet project goals and timelines
- Provide concise and quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results.
- Provide effective oral presentations at departmental and interdepartmental meetings
- Manage various laboratory equipment for proper and timely maintenance including: coordinating internal/external services visits, adding equipment to monitoring systems, notifying users of instrument failures/service interruptions, and responding to excursion notifications
- Ensure laboratory equipment have current calibration and Preventative maintenance documentations
- Report progress to the manager on a regular basis on each program
- Write up methods, qualification reports, results & share with collaborators and supervisor; present data proactively and regularly in group meetings; communicate plans and results to collaborators and manager iteratively
- Catalogue data/reports electronically in an accessible manner for inspections.
- Bachelor’ s degree in biological sciences and at least 2 years of relevant experience, or minimal experience with Masters.
- Experienced in method development, qualification, and transfer.
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical development is a plus.
- Good understanding of protein chemistry, structure, and function.
- Proven technical skills in running of biochemical, and/or bioassay methods for characterization of proteins, including experience performing cell-based methods.
- Collaborative skills to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills.
- Proven data analysis, interpretation and scientific communication skills.
- Proven flexibility and execution skills to deliver in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment.