Research Associate - Protein Science
2 Corporate Drive, 2nd Floor South San Francisco, CA 94080
Recruitment for Research Associate Protein Sciences
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded biotechnology company, advancing to clinical studies in 2019 with facilities and laboratories in South San Francisco, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’ s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
PACT is developing tumor-mutation targeted T Cells tailored for each patient. Tumor mutation (neoE) targeting is programmed into the patient’ s own T cells to seek out & kill the tumors. Using (non-viral) precision genome engineering, the neoE-targeted Tcell receptors (TCRs) replace the endogenous TCR of fresh CD8 and CD4 T cells collected from that same patient followed by minimal expansion in closed systems for re-infusion into the patient. These patient-specific neoTCR-P1 cells are formulated to immediately kill all neoantigen-expressing tumors, together with a deep reservoir of ‘ready-to-go’ neoTCR-P1 cells for long term persistence and capable of rapid expansion to prevent future cancer recurrence.
We are currently recruiting for Research Associate at various levels, reporting to Scientist. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
The individual will be responsible for the execution of high-throughput cloning, protein expression and purification and will be involved in the critical path for the discovery of neoEpitope and corresponding cognate TCRs. The position involves a considerable amount of bench work and will focus on molecular cloning, cell culture and protein purification using state-of-the-art automated liquid handler and chromatography systems. The ideal candidate should have highly analytical skills and keen attention to details and should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and collaborative environment.
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’ s degree with 2-4+ years of experience or master’ s degree in Protein Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related disciplines with 0-2+ years of experience
- Prior experience with mammalian cell culture and with recombinant protein expression
- Experience with cloning, sub-cloning and DNA purification; Sequencing is a plus
- Acute attention to details, well-organized, diligent with documentation and self-motivated
- Highly goal-driven and the displays the ability to handle delicate experiments in a timely manner
- Able to operate in a collaborative environment and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
- Some experience with protein characterization as SDS-PAGE, Western blot, FPLC, HPLC, SPR, DSF, etc.
- Produce a wide variety of recombinant DNA clones
- Expression and purification of recombinant proteins in high-throughput in a mammalian host system
• Optimize expression systems and purification protocols to maximize protein production output
• Coordinate activities with functional groups and project teams
• Update electronic lab notebook entries and inventory
• Perform QC and characterization of proteins