Research Associate (Temp) - DMPK
280 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or deteriorating. With an unmatched understanding of muscle biology and mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility. Working collaboratively, dedicated employees are focused on advancing novel mechanism therapeutics to dramatically improve the lives of patients. With purpose and passion, we have committed to make an important impact on serious medical illnesses.
We are seeking a highly motivated temporary Research Associate to join our Analytical Chemistry/DMPK group.
The Research Associate will be exposed to core instrumentation critical to modern pharmaceutical and DMPK analysis. Additionally, will learn the fundamentals of sound analytical chemistry method development and application necessary to problem solve as a member of an integrated team. The goal of the temporary Research Associate will be to contribute to a research effort to validate assays in the areas of drug absorption, metabolism, elimination, clearance and drug-drug interactions.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare stock solutions/formulations
- Prepare biological samples using different extraction techniques
- Analyze biological samples and analytical samples by LC-MS/MS and HPLC
- Design and execute standard ADME assays
- Process and report analytical data
- Participate in scientific discussions at Analytical/DMPK group meetings
- Present experimental data to the group
- B.S. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Analytical Chemistry or related area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Strong work ethic and tenacity
- Have experience working in DMPK, Analytical, Biology or other related Laboratory
- HPLC and LC/MS operation experience
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society