Research Associate, NGS
200 Cardinal Way, 3rd Floor Redwood City, CA 94063
Research Associate, NGS
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world – join us on that mission!
We are looking for a Research Associate, NGS to join our team and report to the Director of Operations in our Redwood City, CA office. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys, as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction. The successful candidate will have a major impact on the direction of our core technologies, application direction and defining the next generation of products.
- Formulation and test of amplification and sequencing reagents, on or ahead of schedule,
utilizing qualified lab equipment, written, and/or verbal instructions.
- Ensure materials are ordered and in stock to meet formulation and testing requirements.
- Incoming QC of materials, including visual inspection and collecting data from automated
- Development and test of recipes for automated filling of reagents into cartridges, including
assessment of repeatability and accuracy.
- Interface with internal users to handle issues escalations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, ranging in complexity and scope.
- Create and update documentation: formulation SOP, Test method SOP.
- Generate validation protocols and report for new supplier.
- Support new test method introduction.
- Maintain clean, organized, and safe work areas.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent life science degree.
- 1-2 years of experience with small, complex, fluid handling, laboratory instrument products at a Life
Science or Medical Device company.
- Reagent Pipetting.
- Use of lab analytical equipment such as pH meter, bioanalyzer.
- Able to rapidly learn molecular biology formulations and QC test method procedures and
perform them with consistently high quality.
- Data analysis, interpretation and report generation.
- Attention to detail for proper formulation of temperature sensitive reagents.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Results oriented, with a track record for delivering results, taking ownership, and being
- Experience in a molecular biology lab is a plus.
- Experience with IVD and cGMP is a plus.
- Taking direction well, proactively bringing up issues, and asking questions.
- Creating and understanding written and verbal technical communications.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and collaborate within a multidisciplinary team.
- Customer Service oriented, with a high sense of urgency.