161 Oyster Point Blvd
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15966
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Handling rodents.
- Observation and reporting of animal health, cage change outs, assembling clean cages or preparing cage components for disposal/recycling.
- Cleaning vivarium holding rooms and associated storage spaces.
- Keeping inventory and restocking of vivarium supplies, biohazard disposal, record keeping, and general housekeeping.
- At least 2-3 years in industry (pharma or biotech exp) set up for in vivo procedures on rats/mice: Full proficiency in dosing mice and rats (iv, ip, oral gavage, sc, im, etc), at conducting in-life blood draw and tissue dissection.
- Previous work in an animal facility is necessary with at least 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of disposable caging systems, blood collection, measurements of body weights, and data capturing software is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must also be able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Position may require occasional weekend health checks.
- AALAS certification strongly preferred but not required.