Research Associate, Histology
500 Saginaw Dr., First Floor Redwood City, CA 94063 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Associate, Histology to be part of our client’ s team in Redwood City. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate, Histology:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tissue processing (FFPE and fresh frozen) and slide preparation.
- Proper maintenance/tracking of collected samples and slides.
- Conduct immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining on mammalian tissue sections.
- Produce experimental results using microscopy.
- Coordinate activities with project team members.
- Collaborate with project team members to discuss experiments and data.
- General lab duties such as preparation of reagents and stocking of supplies.
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science or Masters in biology or related discipline with at least 2 years of lab experience.
- Experience in tissue processing, histological slide preparation, and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining in mammalian tissues required.
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.