Research Associate, Cell Culture
1455 Adams Drive, Suite 1610 Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA
Requirements & Experience:
BS in Cell Biology or a related field with a minimum of 3-5 year of Industry cell culture experience.
Seeking an experienced cell culture researcher to join a team developing cell-based and biochemical assays to support lead molecule development and optimization. This individual will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including (but not limited to):
- Culture and maintenance of a variety of mammalian cell lines and primary cells.
- Coordination with fellow researchers both to plan for cell culture requirements on a weekly and monthly basis and to assist with their cell line needs by expanding and delivering cells at an appropriate concentration on time.
- Assist with cell-based screening assays.
- Present data at group meetings.
- Contribute to lab management activities.
- Communicate regularly with team members regarding project progress.
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in mammalian cell culture with excellent sterile technique.
- Experience handling human biological specimens, establishing cell lines from clinical samples and/or with ex vivo 3D tissue culture models is preferred.
- Prior experience working in a cell culture core facility or biorepository would be great to have.
- Experience in fluorescence microscopy and immunostaining techniques is a plus.
- Familiarity with transfections and genetic engineering of mammalian cells would also be a bonus.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment (pipettes, balances, pH meter, etc.)
- Ability to perform basic lab calculations (dilutions, molarity, preparing buffers, etc.).
- Experience with common lab practices and safety.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to communicate results effectively.
- Demonstrated ability and passion for working in a fast paced, multidisciplinary small team environment and managing multiple activities in parallel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Contract position (40 hrs per week), with potential to lead to full time employment.