7707 Gateway BLVD Suite 140
Job Number: 16131
Bayside Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate, Biology for a temporary, hands-on lab position (3-6 months with potential extension), with great career advancement potential. This is an opportunity to work with a startup Biotechnology company focused on providing therapeutics for gastrointestinal diseases.
Our partner’ s culture is fast paced and passionate about innovative drug discovery and development.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Research Associate, Biology
The individual is expected to perform biochemical, molecular and functional assays, work independently and collaboratively in support of multiple research programs, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop & conduct assays for biomarker analysis of tissue samples from pre-clinical studies
- Develop, implement and conduct cell-based assays, and in vitro biochemical assays, including but not limited to ELISA and flow cytometry
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and communicate scientific data to the project teams in a timely manner Maintain cell lines related to the project
- Establish and maintain proper reagent & sample inventories, and databases
- Ensure reagents, instruments, processes are up-to-date and meet the industry standard Lead and/or assist in writing and revising technical documents including testing protocols and data reports
- M.S. or B.S. in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or related fields, and at least 2-3 years of laboratory experience in academia or industry
- Proficiency in the following techniques: maintaining cells lines, handling of tissue samples from preclinical models, handling human whole blood, ELISA, cell-based assays, flow cytometry, and experience in molecular biology techniques is preferred Proficiency with software such as GraphPad Prism, flow cytometry plots, Microsoft Office etc., for data analysis and figure generation
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational, experimental data recording and time management skills Ability to develop and improve new skillsets and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects
- Capability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple tasks Ability to interact effectively with team members and function collaboratively in a highly productive, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills