Mountain View, CA 94035
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Research Assistant to be a part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a research organization providing technical animal services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies all over.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- The opportunity to work with a company that has products in the development pipeline, as well as a successful marketed product
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, sick time, and 401K benefits
Summary of Responsibilities:
The purpose of this position is to carry out needed tasks as part of ongoing and future in-vivo research projects in a laboratory environment. The responsibilities include study set up for preclinical in vivo studies encompassing pharmacokinetics, oncology, toxicology, and model development:
- Creating study forms on Microsoft Word & Excel, tube labeling, and setting up procedure room for studies
- Weighing biological specimens
- Data entry & summarization
- Ordering animals for studies, creating cage cards, & receipt of incoming animals
- Maintaining laboratory equipment records
- Ordering/unpacking supplies & performing inventory
- Bachelor of science degree or equivalent in physiology, biology or related field and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry within a laboratory environment
- Experience with proper restraint, injection (IV, IP, SC, and PO), and blood draw techniques is a plus, but training will be provided
- Must have a good understanding of science and experimental design
- Ability to read, record, and communicate information in English
- Excellent computer skills with all of Microsoft Office software
- Must have ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise discretion
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- The position is primarily in Mountain View; candidate must be willing to travel locally (between San Francisco and Mountain View) and have reliable transportation. Expected traveling time is < 15% for the position