1555 Adams Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA
- Prior receptionist experience in a corporate setting
- Light clerical skills
- Customer service focused
- Good communication skills
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Based in the Company’ s guest entrance lobby front desk, the receptionist greets and manages visitors and vendors; administers the guest sign-in process and announces/routes guests accordingly. This role includes providing support to the Facilities Team; backfill for the Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant; and, performing a variety of support functions requiring professional demeanor, the ability to take initiative, work independently, exercise proper judgment, juggle and prioritize, strong attention to detail and working knowledge of the organization and programs. Work entails confidential and sensitive issues requiring a high degree of discretion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming phone calls and route appropriately.
- Greet and manage visitors and vendors; announce guests; administer sign-in process; and, coordinate routing guests accordingly.
- Demonstrate appropriate customer-care skills such as listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness.
- Offer guests a beverage and get them settled in the appropriate conference room – coordinate with guests’ host(s) and escort to conference room(s) if needed.
- Ensure that front entry area is well-maintained (clean and tidy) and presentable to visitors.
- Track work orders for facilities attention in the Company’ s Work Order Systems Management program, including creating work orders, monitoring status, and closing the order when fulfilled.
- Work with facilities team to ensure requests for conference room set ups are handled and addressed correctly and within requested deadline.
- Coordinate with property management office with regard to repairs/requests.
- Direct vendors to their appropriate destination, including fruit service, plant maintenance personnel. At times, this entails escorting the vendor around the building.
- Provide guidance to the Day Porter regarding areas requiring maintenance/cleaning attention.
- Manage Data Safe shredder bin and off-site document storage service, including scheduling pick-ups, facilitating employee inquiries, and directing on-site activities, etc.
- Handle the Electric Vehicle charging station process and reservations system, including communicating with employees utilizing the EV stations
- Point person to support facilities personnel with communications regarding on-site facilities activities (i.e. scheduled fire drills, window cleaning, parking lot paving, etc.)
- Required High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Associate' s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in general office administration and support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple guests and remain calm under pressure