6630 Owens Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Our client, a leading device company in the East Bay area, is looking to add a Quality Engineer, to their growing team.
- Set detailed guidelines on what needs to be checked and what the quality standards are
- Update our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes and improvements
- Audit our systems based on ISO 13485 requirements
- Determine quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures
- Monitor the entire production cycle and perform regular tests to identify potential malfunctions as early as possible
- Inspect product materials and electrical systems for defects and durability
- Identify the root of technical issues and recommend fixes
- Prepare reports on malfunctions and corrective actions (e.g. number of defective raw materials per order)
- Review current blueprints and quality documentation
- Set and track quality assurance goals (e.g. reduce average turnaround time for quality checks by 20%)
- Coordinate with external quality assurance auditors and technicians to ensure compliance
- Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of the products
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Improve product quality by making recommendations for change
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process
- Developing and implementing quality standards.
- Developing and implementing quality control systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Reviewing codes, specifications, and processes.
- Previous work experience as a Quality Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Good analytical skills
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
- Extensive experience in a quality assurance environment required
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth understanding of industry market trends and conditions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment
- Basic mathematical arithmetic skills
- Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
- ASQ certification preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Experience coding and using QA software tools and processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.